Rosa Parks Central Community School PTA
Why Join the PTA?
What is PTA? Why join PTA? The number one reason to join the Parent Teacher Association is to benefit your child. In doing so, you also help your school. But there are many more PTA advantages:
- . There’s no better way to know what’s happening in your school.
- . The PTA offers a variety of programs designed for parents as well as students.
- . PTA functions are opportunities to meet other parents and teachers, building rapport and discussing issues that are on your mind. You an share ideas, concerns, and experiences.
- . By volunteering with your PTA, you put your skills and hobbies to use for a noble cause—your child and all children in the community.
- . PTA can be a way for you to more effectively suggest change at your child’s school.
- . By getting involved at your child’s school you’ll be part of the solution, helping make positive changes. Local PTAs play an important role in fundraising to provide building improvements, curriculum-based programs, and social events.
- . By becoming a PTA member, you’ll be demonstrating to your child the importance you place on education.
. Individuals and local units can take advantage of a host of benefits from PTA membership including discounts and offers from member benefits providers and sponsors, magazine subscriptions, leadership training, e-newsletters and much more.
Source: National PTA Website http://www.pta.org/why_join_the_pta.asp